Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: LADSPA GUI [was: New LADSPA Version -Issues Resolved?]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: LADSPA GUI [was: New LADSPA Version -Issues Resolved?]
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 11:39:48 EST

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Alexander König wrote:

>> with "default_range(A,B)" (not absolute limits, but default min and
>> max values) and "is_valid(A)".
> Hmm. This is true. Your solution with an additional is_valid() solves
> the issue for the API itself, but right now I don't see how the host
> could use that information. I mean you map for example a joystick axis

True, is_valid(A) isn't very useful in practise. But if all control
ports are guaranteed to be able to handle all possible values, you
can just use the default value range. If an invalid value is used,
the plugin just bypasses it. If needed, the host can afterwards check,
whether the given parameter value was valid.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing