Re: [linux-audio-dev] large/finegrained plugins/opcodes issue ... optimizations

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] large/finegrained plugins/opcodes issue ... optimizations
From: Tommi Ilmonen (tilmonen_AT_cc.hut.fi)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 02:29:39 EST

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Benno Senoner wrote:

> Hi,
> I watched the large/finegrained discussion discussion:
>
> Paul is saying he implemented some sort of compiler
> which "compiles" opcodes into lists of function tables in
> order to get more speed out of quasimodo.
>
> But my idea is instead of using these tricks,
> why not use the C compiler itself, at runtime:

I believe this has been done "Open Sound World" (OSW) system in CNMAT.
Their web pages seem to be a bit broken so I could not load the stuff
or get decent web-pages about the project.

I found a pdf, but I did not manage to read the paper due to missing
fonts, but it seems to be the one I read a few months back.

http://cnmat.CNMAT.Berkeley.EDU/AES99/docs/osw.pdf

Tommi.