[linux-audio-dev] 0.5.6: change in behavior of snd_pcm_write?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] 0.5.6: change in behavior of snd_pcm_write?
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 13:25:23 EST

It looks like as of 0.5.6 snd_pcm_write for block mode is
always returning success even when there are underruns (ie:
returned number of bytes written equal to number of bytes in
buffer). The underrun is there, if I always read the status
after the write then status.underrun is != 0 when there are
underruns. I was getting the expected error result from 0.5.5
(the aplay code implies I should be getting an error result
when underrun happens).

This is for a Delta1010 using the ice1712 driver.
-- Fernando