Re: [linux-audio-dev] hdr disk throughput

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] hdr disk throughput
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 16:41:52 EST

>From: Andrew Clausen <clausen_AT_gnu.org>
>
>[ ... ] dj7bdgGcbOqxfc3vZ577Q3 [ ... ]

Maybe you missed this: fsync() is not good because at least in the kernel
2.0.36 fsync() gets slower when the file size increases.

I didn't notice that until now because I never made larger than 45 minute
recordings in my old Debian/kernel where fsync() helped me a lot.

If I remember correctly my two hours recording went bad after an hour
or less. So, the slowdown is serious.

Newer kernels have better fsync() system but maybe not too good.
You could test it because I have this old 2.0.36 kernel only.

Juhana