Re: [linux-audio-dev] RFC: reply-to address default to LAD (was: Re: Reply-To)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] RFC: reply-to address default to LAD (was: Re: Reply-To)
From: James McCartney (asynth_AT_io.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 14:20:37 EST

on 3/16/00 1:11 PM, Juhana Sadeharju at kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi wrote:

>> as james suggested, i would propose to ask the list maintainer to
>> have the "reply-to:" address default to
>
> I'm against. Linux-audi-dev goes to Cc-field automatically and it is

Only if you have reply to all as the default reply. A basic reply doesn't do
this. What software do you use to read the list? I'm not reading this on
Linux. Most mailing lists are set up so that a basic reply goes to the list.

I also don't like to have replies to my emails come to me both from the
sender and the list. I get two responses to everything. Why should I have to
edit the headers when the default behaviour of every other mailing list
makes this unecessary?

--- james mccartney james_AT_audiosynth.com <http://www.audiosynth.com>
SuperCollider - a real time synthesis programming language for the PowerMac.
<ftp://www.audiosynth.com/pub/updates/SC2.2.7.sea.hqx>