Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 64bit FP support ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 64bit FP support ?
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 16:00:08 EET

>Hey Paul, I compiled & ran this and it didn't print anything. Am I
>missing something?
>
>Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
>>
>> >(Doubling and halving have no effect on the mantissa at all...?)

           [ ... demo code elided ... ]

>OK, so I really changed fprintf to printf (and deleted stderr)
>because I didn't feel like remembering how to make C work. :)

No it wasn't meant to fail. It was meant as a demo of the kind of
effect I meant. Yes, doubling and halving is not a particularly good
example in this case, because the exponent uses powers of 2. But just
make factor an odd number, and it will break, at least with some
values for the sample. I should have done that in the case shown.

--p