Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA GUI Issues

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA GUI Issues
From: Karl W. MacMillan (karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 22:28:26 EET

> > 3. Actual data type (32/64/128bit float) is determined at compile
> > time. It's easy to recompile OS-plugins
>
> Ok, but how do you keep track off all different versions of
> everything? (Some hosts may not be OS, you may not want to bother
> with sources at all, etc...)
>
> > (or release multiple
> > binary versions).
>
> I don't think this will happen unless it's *required* that all
> ormats are supported.

How is it going to be better if plugins can optionally support multiple
data types? I think that chances are better that people will compile
their plugins a few times than it is that they will code every algorithim
a few times.

Karl

| Karl W. MacMillan |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services |
| karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu |
| 410/659-8297 |