Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA with multichannel and multi-dataype support almost finished,need opinions !

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA with multichannel and multi-dataype support almost finished,need opinions !
From: Richard Guenther (richard.guenther_AT_student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 22:47:57 EET

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> If we use the "lowest common denominator" approach, we get
> mono as the answer. But I admit that this is problematic if
> you want to write stereo, ac3, etc plugins. One option would
> be to add new port types (LADSPA_PORT_AUDIO_STEREO,
> LADSPA_PORT_AUDIO_AC3, etc). After all, stereo != 2ch-audio.

GLAME has "automatic" ports to which you can connect any number
(possible to limit this from the plugin) of pipes. So stereo is
two mono pipes to an automatic port, etc. - very generic, very
simple.

Btw, I looked at the delay.c example plugin that comes with
LADSPA - I hope this is possible in a more simple manner,
LADSPA is ~300 lines of code compared to ~100 of the GLAME version.
_IF_ LADSPA becomes a widely supported plugin type we surely want
to support them within GLAME (that seems to be hard at the moment,
though).

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther_AT_student.uni-tuebingen.de>
WWW: http://www.anatom.uni-tuebingen.de/~richi/