Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 64bit FP support ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 64bit FP support ?
From: James McCartney (asynth_AT_io.com)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 07:58:30 EEST

on 3/25/00 6:32 PM, David Olofson at david_AT_gardena.net wrote:

>> I'd say you are making a mathematical mistake if you are formulating your
>> calculations in such a way.
>
> It's not for the programmer to decide. It's perfectly possible to set
> up something like that by connecting some plugins in any plugin
> system. If it makes sense is a matter of artistical freedom rather
> than system design and coding.

If folks do bad things mathematically without understanding then giving them
64 bits instead of 32 is just giving them more rope to hang themselves with.

--- james mccartney james_AT_audiosynth.com <http://www.audiosynth.com>
SuperCollider - a real time synthesis programming language for the PowerMac.
<ftp://www.audiosynth.com/pub/updates/SC2.2.7.sea.hqx>