Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Finalisation Deadline

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Finalisation Deadline
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 02:52:32 EEST

>>This would result in a lot of incompatible
>>conversion plugins as far as I can tell.

I don't know about "incompatible" in this sense but there would not be
conversion plug-ins from all types to all types.

 -*-

My suggestion is that we don't fix the LADSPA before we have several
tens of Csound opcodes converted to LADSPA. How can I put it more clearly:
Knuth's TeX publishing program was not fixed until after the TeXBook
was completed -- during writing the TeXBook with the TeX, Knuth improved
greatly the TeX and found missing features.

Writing plenty of plug-ins is not enough: We could fix LADSPA only when we
have a few different kind of applications using it.

Anyway, fixing LADSPA while people are still debating about features
is not a good idea!

Juhana