Re: [linux-audio-dev] audio application mixing/routing arch

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] audio application mixing/routing arch
From: Jason H Clouse (jhclouse_AT_juno.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 23:18:39 EEST

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 <david.slomin_AT_av.com> writes:
> "realtime"
> MIDI ----> soft-synth --. mix to
> input ) ,---> audio output
> ,-- effects <--' (
> / `--------------.
> \ \
> \ more /
> \ multitrack ,--> effects --'
> >-----> audio ----<
> existing / editor `--> new track
> audio ----' to disc
> tracks
>
> I agree that this is starting to look scary, but it is indeed
> a minimum requirement for many people.

Has anyone here (I'm new to the list) discussed the harnessing of
dedicated DSP hardware? (I would like to see the ability to use
Capybara, Creamware, or the m56002 on my TB Pinnacle for dedicated
synthesis and/or effects.) This can make all this much easier.

Jason

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.