Re: [linux-audio-dev] Alternate MIDI controller idea (patent fodder?)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Alternate MIDI controller idea (patent fodder?)
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 21:56:18 EEST

David Slomin wrote:
> I'm sure many of you have seen a "ribbon controller" before.
> As Joe Miklojcik pointed out in his post on Saturday, the good
> ones tend to be be made out a linear force sensitive resistors
> (LFSRs). They are usually used to control a particular CC or (N)RPN

I've actually always wanted a 2-D version! Basically that would be a
touchpad with a bigger surface, at least 5"x5". Making it 2D gives
you one-finger control of 2 parameters, very nice.

Having spent about 20 minutes yesterday playing TerminatorX with a
cirque touchpad (only about 2" x 3"), I'm convinced this is a great
way to go... if it was bigger it would be more fun to watch people
play it onstage. :)

--
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.