Re: [linux-audio-dev] rtlinux, MIDI timecode

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] rtlinux, MIDI timecode
From: Bill Gribble (grib_AT_billgribble.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 15:58:11 EEST

Paul Barton-Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net> writes:
> How would this help ? There is no SMPTE signal, there is just on-disk
> sound with computed time in the HDR program. The smart MIDI interfaces
> can't do anything with this situation.

The ADAT sync signal has all the timecode you could possibly want in
it, and JL Cooper makes cheap boxes that can take the ADAT sync signal
and convert it to MTC, SMPTE, or whatever you want. The "dataSync 2"
appears to do exactly what you need, though it's a bit tough to tell
from the web page. I know the MOTU Digital Timepiece will do it, but
it's a bit pricier (and more general purpose).

b.g.