Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Update, New Project (CMT) & Help Requested

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Update, New Project (CMT) & Help Requested
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 21:51:30 EEST

On Thu, 4 May 2000, David Benson wrote:

>> ( and thanks to GDAM you can do quick testing :-)
> The latest version (in tarball+deb form only, er...)
> accepts stereo plugins, which you might find helpful.

Btw; you've done some great work with this! Are the any precompiled
LADSPA plugins (generated with GDAM), available for download
somewhere?

> in ladspa, there is no way to distinguish a second audio input
> for a second channel (ie stereo+) from a legimate second channel
> (eg a mixer or modulator plugin). so even though gdam
> supports 2-input ladspa plugins, the gui doesn't: it will

Yep, this can cause problems. Currently ecasound treats all LADSPA plugins
as mono-plugins. If you want to process a 4-channel file with a LADSPA
plugin, ecasound creates four plugin instances.

> And yes, I know 1.0 is released, but with backcompatibility
> and a fairly small userbase... this could be called
> 1.1 with whatever goofy features are important to others :)

I'd still like to see better support for binary-level version numbering.
I'm not quite sure how to do this, but in any case, this would make it
possible to make small changes to the API without too much hassle.

--
Kai Vehmanen <k_AT_eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .