Re: [linux-audio-dev] Renaming CMT?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Renaming CMT?
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 19:02:10 EEST

eli+@gs211.sp.cs.cmu.edu wrote:

> Richard W.E. Furse wrote:
> > Rats, just realised CMT stands for Carnegie-Mellon MIDI Toolkit. Any
> > suggestions for a decent name for a basic but broad GPL'd C++ LADSPA plugin
> > library?
>
> LADSPA Plugin Library: LPL. looks like a Public License?
> LASDPA Basis Library: LBL. looks like a national laboratory?
> LASDPA Standard Library: LSL. hmm.

  that would be Leisure Suit Larry, right? :-)

  btw, Richard, is there going to be a separate C library, or will it be
C++ only or...? I think that would infuelnce the name - if C++ lib is
going to be THE LADSPA library, then you can call it something like
libLadspa, otherwise you would want to specify it's C++ library, I
guess...

        erik