[linux-audio-dev] Re: O'Reilly

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: O'Reilly
From: Jaroslav Kysela (perex_AT_suse.cz)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 16:02:04 EEST

On Sun, 7 May 2000, Frank Pohlmann wrote:

> Hi Jaroslav,
>
> just saying hallo and I hope you are well. We have been thinking about an
> Audio book for a while and slowly but surely move to a more concrete stage.
> Like what kind of book we have in mind:)
>
> For the moment it looks as if we might want to focus on optimizing Linux
> for Audio - what kind of pieces (drivers, kernel options, software, audio
> servers, possibly a bit of programming, tool kits....) one would need to
> set up a Linux Audio server. But this is only one idea. I am not excluding
> Audio related programming, but programming device drivers is not really on
> my radar screen...
>
> I am also interested in people who could write about these things. If you
> are interested, we could start a dialogue about that; but if you know about
> someone else, I would be willing to listen as well;-)

I'm actually interested only in the ALSA development and I have not much
time to use Linux as an audio platform.

I would recommend you two persons using Linux for audio:

Benno Senoner <sbenno_AT_gardena.net>
Paul Barton-Davis <pbd_AT_op.net>

Also, many topics were discussed on following lists, although they are
fixed for development things:

linux-audio-dev_AT_ginette.musique.umontreal.ca
alsa-devel_AT_alsa-project.org

I'm ready to answer concrete questions about the audio kernel interface
and the ALSA project.

                                                Jaroslav

-----