Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa plugin GUI proposal

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa plugin GUI proposal
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 21:39:35 EEST

>> Whats the problem ?
>>
>i thought we were talking about output controls
>(connected to input controls of other plugins as a sideeffect)
>
>there you really do have to monitor and emit
>in the host...

ah ... yes. blush. but that means that the host has to duplicate the
storage requirements of all output control ports on all plugins, so
that it can tell what the "old" value was. yikes. well, perhaps its
not so bad. I mean, say 1024 plugins each with 64 32bit output control
ports: thats still only 256KB of space to do this, without the data
structure overhead that comes from having to actually look them up,
etc.

--p