Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa plugin GUI proposal

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa plugin GUI proposal
From: David Benson (daveb_AT_idealab.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 18:12:01 EEST

> X11 has a swallow ability, too. I don't think running N toolkits in one
> process is really what you want. I also don't think that LADSPA should
> standarize how GUIs should look (e.g. using XML) or be built. Things like
> aRts will definitely have sophisticated solutions for solving this, and
> if LADSPA makes more assumptions than absolutely necessary about GUIs, it
> will be difficult to get things working together.

X11 may have the ability but we haven't quite
figured out if the toolkits support it.
do you know anything about kde's (or gtk's) support for it?

It looks as though running them in separate processes
is mandatory, though.

This thread is about how to extend ladspa
plugins to support guis in a manner which is
completely optional to hosts. If you aren't interested
in these extensions, that's fine, but there
DOES appear to be demand for them.

- dave