quasimodo/csound opcodes (was: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa plugin GUI proposal)

Subject: quasimodo/csound opcodes (was: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa plugin GUI proposal)
From: Stephane Conversy (Stephane.Conversy_AT_lri.fr)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 21:26:48 EEST

Erik Steffl wrote:

     see my other post (danger of do-it-all) for better explanation of
what
   I mean, I also back-up a bit from the requirement for gui to be
   plug-able

Ok, i agree with you.

> Example: me. I use audio synthesis to design auditory interfaces,
it's not musical,
> and users don't have to use an oscilloscope, since their focus of
interest
> is not the audio per se.

     then you don't have to use oscilloscope plugin, since plugins are
   dynamically linked you don't have to have any extra stuff...

yep you're right, it's just that I hope that www.ladspa.org will
eventually
be a large repository, from where we can grab a large .tar.gz that
compiles
cleanly and fast on every platform. A scope would not be in such a
tar.gz.
But the dsp part of a plugin-to-be-visualized would be.

BTW, Paul, you are the guy that really knows the internals of csound
opcodes,
since you did the quasimodo version.
So I ask you, if you didn't port them to ladspa yet, it's because:

    - you don't have the time ?
    - you think ladpsa 1.0 is not stable enough to bother porting now ?
    - ladspa is incomplete ?
    - there are some pendings problems to do it properly ?

I can't do it because I don't have time. What about the others ?
What about porting quasimodo opcodes to be our next great goal i.e.
divide and conquer ?

--
Stéphane Conversy
http://www-ihm.lri.fr/~conversy/