Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa plugin GUI proposal

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa plugin GUI proposal
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 01:03:45 EEST

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> /* potential support for 32 toolkits */
>
> #define LADSPA_GUI_NATIVE_GTK 0x1
> #define LADSPA_GUI_NATIVE_QT 0x2
> #define LADSPA_GUI_NATIVE_MOTIF 0x4
> #define LADSPA_GUI_NATIVE_WHATEVER 0x8
> #define LADSPA_GUI_XML 0x10

  until we figure out something more sophisticated I'd say lets go with:

  LADSPA_GUI_NONE //host can generate gui based on parameters
  LADSPA_GUI_XML //host creates gui based on xml file
  LADSPA_GUI_NATIVE //host does not care about this at all

  LADSPA should not be aware of anything widget specific... it just does
not belong to LADSPA. I am not even sure if XML is neccessary, as it
will be independent fromplugin - plugin has no way to find out if there
is xml gui there or host generated gui or no gui etc...

  I would even go as far as have seperated API for gui related stuff...

        erik