Re: [linux-audio-dev] extending LADSPA,

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] extending LADSPA,
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 10:17:07 EET

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> BTW, I really like your use of XML for the plugin definition. It would
> be very cool to see something like this actually implemented, and
> would make the adoption of one or more of the GUI-spec proposals that
> we discussed earlier this year a lot easier.

I agree, and this seems to be a rather nice way of making real code
fit into various structures and programming models as well.

It would work great as a good looking, more powerful and more solid
replacement for the macro mess that MuCoS would otherwise be using.
(A MuCoS plugin is basically a single, large function with an outer
loop containing a huge event handler switch() and the inner loop. It
wouldn't hurt with better ways to organize the code of larger
plugins.)

//David

| A Free/Open Source | | Audio Hacker |
| for | | Open Source Advocate |
| Professional and Consumer | | Singer |
| Multimedia | | Songwriter |
`-----> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' `---> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'