Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reverse engineering the Sonic Foundry ACID file format

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reverse engineering the Sonic Foundry ACID file format
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd_AT_zip.com.au)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 09:54:22 EET

Adam Hunt wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had made any sort of attempt to reverse engineer
> ACID's file format. I know that their has been discussion of some sort of
> ACID clone on this list.

Well the files should be plain PCM encoded files. It shouldn't be too
hard to figure it out.

I'm the author of libsndfile

     http:/www.zip.com.au/~erikd/libsndfile/

and I may be interested (not that I have any time of course :-)) in
added ACID format reading to libsndfile.

Where can I get a file to have a look at? If someone could email me
a URL I'd appreciate it. Please don't just email me a file.

Cheers,
Erik

     Erik de Castro Lopo     erikd_AT_zip.com.au
"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
-- Eric S. Raymond