Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ardour, LADSPA, a marriage
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 08:34:38 EET

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> >What do people actually want?
>
> Well, I could most use:
>
> * mono versions of all the delays
> * pitch shifter
> * harmonizer (really just N pitch shifters)
... and logic to tell it what key you're in, if you want to get really
fancy.

> * a generic dynamics processor
> * noise reduction

All very useful.
I'd only add distortions of various types to that list. Amp and
speaker simulation is very useful in my music.

For dynamics processing, I'd point out that Ecasound has a
decent-sounding comp / limiter which I think does expansion too if you
feed it the right parameters. That might be good as-is, or worth
modifying.

--
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.