Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Interesting article on SCSI vs. IDE
From: Jussi Laako (jussi_AT_jlaako.pp.fi)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 23:24:02 EET

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> the 2GB limit went away some time ago in glibc. you do have to use
> different functions, but thats because POSIX says so (open64, close64,

I compiled and installed glibc-2.2 yesterday, now 64-bit fileaccess seems to
work properly and open() etc are remapped to 64-bit variants with single
define. Too bad it broke libstdc++ from gcc 2.95.2. :( I'll have to fix it
tomorrow.

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at: ldap://certserver.pgp.com, http://keys.pgp.com:11371