Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA run() blocksize

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA run() blocksize
From: Paul Sladen (paul_AT_sladen.org)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 16:46:24 EET

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> >> does anyone have a solution as to how a LADSPA plugin can avoid
> >> allocating any internal buffers in run(), when it needs to know the
> >> maximum value of the argument to run() and/or run_adding() ?

Just make it apart of the plugin's state machine, and only alterable
outside activate() pairs.

Paul

(I can't remember what the function name is instead of "activate()", but
is should be where ever the plugin gets told that it's parameters for that
instance arn't going to change... this is so that a plugin can optimise
it's code path depending on the parameters that it is going to get... in
the knowledge that they aren't going to change).

--
e: paul_AT_sladen.org  t: 0115 922 7162