Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA run() blocksize

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA run() blocksize
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 18:07:47 EET

>I think you'd be supprised how little it matters, I don't know what you
>have in mind, but the plugins I can think of that need to know the block
>size (convolvers mainly) are so complicated that the extra inner loop
>wouldn't even show up on performance tests.

and you know what, after trying to explain why i needed this, i
realize that i don't. what i was forgetting was that in declaring
itself to have N output ports, the plugin is effectively asking the
host to allocate the space for it, and therefore we are fine. i was
stuck in a mindset where the plugin was allocating its own buffers. duh.

--p