Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and run_adding()

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and run_adding()
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 13:15:06 EET

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> >Seriously, if you can explain how I can implement the example I give
> >above without having to iterate over 3 output buffers, sum their
> >contents and store the result in a 4th buffer, I'll be very grateful.
>
> OK, so you could iterate over just 2 of them and add them to the 1st,
> then use the first one as the output. But thats still two passes over
> the buffers that wouldn't be necessary if the plugins had supported
> run_adding(). scale this up to a system with many busses, and i think
> its a problem.

/me remembers the days when mixing the channels was a major part of
the CPU load, and true multiplications for gain control was an
AMD-only luxury... Not *that* long ago, actually.

//David

| A Free/Open Source | | Audio Hacker |
| for | | Open Source Advocate |
| Professional and Consumer | | Singer |
| Multimedia | | Songwriter |
`-----> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' `---> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'