[linux-audio-dev] New Member and Project

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] New Member and Project
From: Richard C. Burnett (burnett_AT_tality.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 21:01:09 EET

Hi, I am new to the linux-audio-dev group. I just started a project
called L-Efx. Its a multichannel DSP that utilizes ALSA, LADSPA and code
from the Ardour project, by Paul Barton-Davis. My goal is to make me not
need my GSP-2101 Digitech processor. Its a nice piece of equipment but I
think I would be happier with a linux version that was easier to work
with. Its too limited. Additionally, the efx section of my Korg Triton
keyboard is nice, and I would like to get that same functionality in
linux.

Paul's Ardour HDR is great. I wanted something that was external to that
program that works like a DSP and does not need to concern itself with HDR
functionality. My goal is to design it to work with ardour in that if you
create LADSPA chains they can be used in both programs. Basically
implementing reading Ardour files.

I have actually registered the project with sourceforge, but do not have a
homepage yet or CVS. Mainly because I have never done CVS and need to
learn how to create the appropriate files for configuration. Right now I
am hacking up a Makefile for use on my own machine. When I actually get
something usable I will let you know. I just have the GUI partially
implemented. I want to create a slider control that has pixmaps, but I
imagine I can just use Paul's.

Any comments, questions, etc, let me know. Please note that I have been
developing software on Win32 for about 5 years and programming in general
for about 10, however, this is my first Linux project. Gtkmm is WAY
better than MFC for GUI implementation.

Thanks,

Rick

| T a l i t y | +------+ |