Re: [linux-audio-dev] New "plugin"

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] New "plugin"
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 17:35:17 EET

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 08:43:02AM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> OK, can i suggest a better way, one that would give us really hard
> numbers ? Modify applyplugin to do this:

Cheers, I'l do that when I get an chance, and come up with some real
numbers.

> heh. i was over at the studio last night, and the band/friends that
> were in (excellent brooklyn gogo/funk stuff) had an electro-harmonix
> bass synth a lot like this. they were all ooh-ing and ah-ing it. the
> brochure for e-h notes "16,20,24 bit. all real musicians hear the
> irregularities [sic] of digital processing, which is why most of them
> want the warmth of electro-harmonix analog gear" or something very
> close to that. bah! humbug! :)

I did consider adding more analogue features, like oscilator instability,
going out of tune when it warms up, noise, having a bad day and sulking,
but theres only so far you can go. ;)

I will do pseudo analogue things to the wavetables this evening, but
first I have a reference counting bug to fix.

- Steve