Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ardour] custom graphics + MIDI control for LADSPA plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ardour] custom graphics + MIDI control for LADSPA plugins
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 16:40:09 EET

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 05:11:18AM +0100, David Olofson wrote:
> Is that really "bounded range", or possibly "defined 0 dB level"...?

Well, a 0dbFS defined level is exactly equal to a bounded range, and a
0dbU or V is meaningless in digital systems.

> Despite my statements in some other thread, MAIA is still LGPL.

I did actually mean (L)GPL.

> I'm probably just not mean enough to make it pure GPL, which is
> kinda' weird after what I've been though the last few years...

From a purely pragmatic point of view there are a few VST plugins that I
would happily buy for Linux if they were ported, mainly Acoustic
Mirror. I've been studying the maths used to build AM, but I'm not there
yet, mainly performace issues, I'm currenly a couple of orders of
magnitude out. I might devote a few days to studying it over the
forthcoming Nondemoniational Festival/Holiday Season.

- Steve