Re: [linux-audio-dev] again: debian tasks for audio needs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] again: debian tasks for audio needs
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 13:49:04 EEST

In Mon, 2 Oct 2000 10:50:11 +0200 (CEST), de profundis Guenter Geiger <geiger_AT_epy.co.at> cum veritate scripsit

geiger> I was willing to start it, discussion about organization will be
geiger> on the list. We may as well start it here, or in private, as I don't
geiger> know how fast the list will be created.

I doubt the list will be created that soon.

I was wondering what has come with LADSPA and Debian, and what's there
to package. we could have libladspa-dev, libladspa and cmt packages
out of reference tools.

I was looking at ecasound, and amazed at the simplicity and
command-line orientedness of the project, like the sox for effects. I
found out that no-one has bothered to package it, but probably that's
because it used Qt and it was GPL. Now we won't have the problem any
longer, it can be packaged, right ? ( or has it been already packaged?)

One thing that has to be decided is the standard place where LADSPA
plugins are going to reside in Debian.
It won't be /usr/local/LADSPA for sure. It's going to be somewhere
under /usr/lib/ something. We probably can't put it under
/usr/share/ because LADSPA plugins are platform dependent.

regards,
        junichi

--
University: ti0113_AT_mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp
dancer, a.k.a. Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer