Re: [linux-audio-dev] Lowlatency rpm problem

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Lowlatency rpm problem
From: motet_AT_zoom.co.uk
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 19:22:23 EEST

Quoting Benno Senoner <sbenno_AT_gardena.net>:

> Hi Miriam,
> you are right power down does not work , because I
intentionally
> disabled apm
> (power managment) support when compiling the RPM.
> This because on some motherboards, the APM interrups cause
high
> latency peaks.
>
> But I don't think that it is a high price to pay, being
forced to
> press the
> power button when powering down your box, in return of
5msec
> latencies ....

yes indeed, thats fine! Its good to know that its
intentional though :-)

> PS: I had a few crashes using the 2.2.17 RPM on my box,
but I am
> not 100% sure
> it it was due to my app (EVO) deadlocking in an infinite
loop (and
> since it runs
> SCHED_FIFO, it never releases the CPU thus your box will
freeze)

> So I am asking you guys:
> did some of you experience crashes with this kernel ?
> (Udo basically took a plain 2.2.17 kernel an applied
Ingo's 2.2.16
> LL patch)

So far so good - its actually been more stable than my
previous kernel, but I havent been running it for very long
or treated it to any serious stress yet!

best,

Miriam.

( o>
///\ miriam rainsford - composer

motet_AT_zoom.co.uk
www.motet.co.uk

"why do i like these things? are my ears on wrong?"
- charles ives

Get your own zoom email - click here - http://www.zoom.co.uk/