RE: [linux-audio-dev] extending LADSPA, it's not that easy ......

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] extending LADSPA, it's not that easy ......
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 10:01:33 EEST

There is no need to use a fixed size block. For instance look at how Csound
works: a typical setting uses a block size of 20 samples, but when an
instrument stops or starts the block size is cut to make sure the events
happen on block boundaries. I will also use block sizes of anything from 1
to ~1000 when in different stages of certainty about a composition and
depending on the sensitivity of the instruments I'm using to zipper noise.

And if you really don't want to use control signals, we need more plugins
where all inputs are audio streams...

--Richard