Re: [linux-audio-dev] Extending LADSPA to support Non-Causal Plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Extending LADSPA to support Non-Causal Plugins
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 02:24:40 EEST

>> unsigned long (*move_noncausal_inputs)(unsigned long Offset,

could we please move away from "noncausal" ? its a complete
misnomer. what goes in is the "cause" of what comes out, just as in
any other plugin. the difference here doesn't seem well-captured by
"noncausal". "nondeterministic" works (for me) with a reverb unit with
a possibly infinite tail, but not for other operations in the class
we've spoken about.

any suggestions for a better term ?

--p