[linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] Csound & ALSA support: a call for assistance

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] Csound & ALSA support: a call for assistance
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 22:55:37 EEST

> Fernando Lopez is working on the ALSA support for Snd. He has suggested
> that my particular card (an SBLive Value) may be causing this grief
> because it wants all of its capture devices opened to enable input.

I think there's been a misunderstanding. The current Snd's
alsa code which I wrote has problems when opening the
recording window, so far only with the SB Live. I have tracked
this to the fact that the alsa driver offers three input
devices (regular one, 8KHz mic, 48KHz EFX). My code (which is
based on the way snd works internally) tries to use all
available input devices and chokes right away. Apparently the
second "open" call to the alsa library (for opening the second
input) never returns for unknown reasons.

Most probably this is all unrelated to the csound code problem.

I have not been able to do more debugging, most probably I'll
have some time to work on this by the end of next week.

-- Fernando