Re: [linux-audio-dev] What about debian tasks? [was: Audio distribution revisited]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] What about debian tasks? [was: Audio distribution revisited]
From: Richard A. Smith (rsmith_AT_bitworks.com)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 00:15:26 EEST

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:54:26 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>Wouldn't it be easier to jump on the band wagon of a distribution designed specifically for
>music.

Why create a whole new distribution when all you are changeing is 20% of the system if that
much?

Meethinks there are way too many dists already...

Making a distribution is hard work.. Seems reasonable to me to build upon the shoulders of
things that already work and work well.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith_AT_bitworks.com               501.846.5777