Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO 0.0.5 released , resampling (interpolation) support added

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO 0.0.5 released , resampling (interpolation) support added
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:48:40 EEST

Hi Miller,

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> You can do the trick in double precision and get at least 40 bits of
> real precision. I usually use the bottom 32 bits for the fractional
> part and some of the top 20 bits for the integer part; this would have
> to be adjusted for huge "wavetables" though.

Since I stream from disk, (thus from buffers), I have to adjust the pos (double)
ponter when it gets bigger than the buffersize.
So in theory 20bits would be enough.

I've looked at d_osc.c but the code is quite hard to read.
Can you explain briefly, where you do the splitting/assembling of the double in
integer and fractional part.

Benno.