Re: [linux-audio-dev] debian and multimedia

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] debian and multimedia
From: Guenter Geiger (geiger_AT_epy.co.at)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 16:03:06 EEST

Richard A. Smith writes:
> I'm in.
> This is a good place to get support but looks like you should email listmaster_AT_debian.org
> with your idea and see if you can get an "official" list hosted off of debians server.
>
> In the meantime looks like some of us who are interested need to go bone up on Debian Policy
> so that we know how to play nice on a debian system.

Ok, I've sent off the request for creating a mailing list.
I will anounce it when it is accessible

.. meanwhile I look if I can find a place to archive packages for
testing.
In the beginning the hardest thing will be to filter out the packages
which are promising, and hopefully we can get support from their
developers too.

One very good example for this is the utah-glx package, which has a
Debian package build directory in it's cvs. That way it is easy to
create snapshots very fast, and to bring the applikation as fast as
possible to the user/tester to try it out.

It should be just a matter of
#> apt-get install new-fancy-applikation
#> new-fancy-applikation

Guenter