[linux-audio-dev] Re: debian and multimedia

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: debian and multimedia
From: marco trevisani (marco_AT_caribe.net)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 00:14:08 EEST

Hi Marcelo and all,

I'm not subscribed to debian-devl, so i dont know if this message will get
there.

BTW, i was as well suggesting something wider....music, video and graphics,
something that generally goes into "multimedia", a word that i dont like
very much... i would prefer something like debian-artech (arts and
technology)??

BTW(2).. i have broadcast happyly running on my debian (didnt play enough
to see if everything works fine...but basically looks like it does). I got
the rpm binaries and debianized... As soon i will ahve some
time....(when??) i'll try to build the sources.

I'm also looking forward for the "Free Film Project", if anybody is really
working on that...

It sounds like the right moment to submit the request for a debian-artech
mailing list....

        thanks,

        marco trevisani

---
marco trevisani
marco_AT_ccrma.stanford.edu
NOTE: ICMC 2001 --> LA HABANA, CUBA,
check here:
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~marco
or
http://www.icmc2001.org

On Tuesday, 26 September 2000 14:41:48 Marcelo E. Magallon wrote: > >> Junichi Uekawa <dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp> writes: > > > That would really be nice, because stirring debian-devel with > > audio-only specifics doesn't sound like the best solution ;) > > Please don't limit this to audio. There are programs like Broadcast > 2000 (or was it Broadway 2000?) that would be nice to have in Debian, > but it takes people with a clue regarding audio to do a good work > with them. > > > Marcelo >