[linux-audio-dev] LAD-list LOSES mails !! Was: EVO 0.0.6 released with DLS (basic .GIG support)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LAD-list LOSES mails !! Was: EVO 0.0.6 released with DLS (basic .GIG support)
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 15:06:09 EEST

Hi,
the linux-audio-dev list ate my last 3 mails I tried to send.
I have no idea why this happened:
I looked at the logs of my mailserver and the messages
were accepted for delivery by the LAD mailserver normally.
So I assume that something is wrong on the LAD mailserver's mailing system.
Who is the maintainer of this machine ?
Can you contact him and inform hin about the problems ?
This is SERIOUS because it disrupts communication between us LAD folks.

Anyway I'm attaching my EVO 0.0.6 release mail again:

Benno.

----
Hi folks,EVO 0.0.6 is out:
get it here:
http://www.linuxdj.com/evo/

Paul Kellet, our fileformat guru added support of DLS files, and since .GIG files (Gigasampler) are DLS files with proprietary extensions, we can now read the keymapping and samples of .GIG instruments too ! The other chunks (filters, effects etc) are ignored but give Paul some time ... :-)

Many many thanks to Paul form us all !

There is still no enveloping and looping in this release.

Plus I added asm optimizations when doing float->int conversions, and now the speed great again.

If you want to load a .GIG file just do: ./disksamp --dls yourfile.gig

if you get clicks increase latency with --fragmentsize 256 (or 512,1024), but do not go higher or the pitchbender will not work correctly.

if you want to try out some nice free .GIG sounds get them here: http://www.worrasplace.com/gigs.shtml

please try the new code and share your thoughts !

cheers, Benno.