Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension mechanism *proposal*

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension mechanism *proposal*
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 21:50:37 EEST

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 12:10:52PM +0100, Jim Peters wrote:
> This is what I propose. We associate a list of tagged extensions to
> each LADSPA_Descriptor. Each item in the list consists of a type and
> a value. The type is a string, and the value is a (void*), the
> meaning of which is dependent on the string.

*sigh*

One of the reasons LAD_S_PA is so good is that its really Simple. Anyone can
pick up the docs and learn how it works in half an hour. Also it is
currently possible for any host to build an appropriate GUI just from the
port descriptions and hints, you don't seem to have addressed that.

There are plenty of other plugin systems for linux that are or will be
capable of doing this kind of thing, use one of those.

- Steve