Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI round 2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI round 2
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 03:41:56 EEST

On Sunday 01 April 2001 23:48, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 08:15:02PM +0000, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> > Yes, this seems like a very nice feature. It would make it
> > possible to group GUI's in "views".
> > As I tried to explain in a previous mail this requires that we
> > can agree on a standard for the GUIs size. Atleast in one
> > direction. This would make it possible to "stack" GUIs ontop of
> > each other as seen in Reason. If the host (or rather, the User)
> > wishes to show/hide/regroup guis it would be quite possible.
>
> This is OK in principle, but I don't want to see a blanket "all
> GUIs must be X pixels wide" rule. That would be silly.

Yeah... It seems to me that if it's ever going to happen, it's going
to be in the form of an alternative "GUI collection" made by one or
two persons for a single application or suite. (This is yet another
hint as to why GUIs should be separated from the DSP plugins, BTW.)

> As a recommendation for simple plugins though, great, although
> given the attitudes here I cant see you even getting two people to
> agree on what is a sensible size ;)

What!? Are you saying we have different views around here...? ;-)

//David

| Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |
`----------------------> http://www.linuxaudiodev.com/maia -'