[linux-audio-dev] Broadcasting delays

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Broadcasting delays
From: Alex_AT_gmx (Alexander_Carot_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 22:27:04 EEST

Hi everybody !

I´m most interested in audio broadcasting but still a newbie in Linux so
there are a lot of questions :
Because I´m a musician with the aim of making music with conferencing tools
I should have a delay of < 50ms (at least first tests in the LAN).

Former tests with WIN and SOLARIS gave me results of about 250 ms. I used
RAT and later on I programmed my own tool with Java JMF which was even
worst.

After some postings in ALSA Mailinglist I was recommeded to move to this
list.
So can anyone tell me what to do to get a minimum delay. One year ago I
heard of theoretical value of 25ms using RTP but I never could reach that.

Is this an interesting subject for this list ? I hope ....

Regards
                     Alex