Re: [linux-audio-dev] XRuns and Low-Latency

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] XRuns and Low-Latency
From: Jussi Laako (jlaako_AT_pp.htv.fi)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 00:44:25 EEST

Frank Neumann wrote:

> - the LowLatency patches might not yet include lowlatencyfying (;^)
> ReiserFS (tried ext2?)

The patches contain reiserfs ll stuff. I had some merging problems to the
latest kernels because of numerous reiserfs changes and cleanups.

Delta 1010 is low latency card. I had to use software buffer size multiple
of hardware fragment size (hw is something like 64-256 bytes) because my
K6/233 couln't keep up (under load) with software buffer size equal to
hardware fragment size. Although I'm using the commercial OSS driver, not
ALSA. (Last time I tried ALSA 0.9 it was complaining it didn't yet have 0.9
support for ICE1712).

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at PGP keyservers