Re: [linux-audio-dev] How non-programmers use documentation.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] How non-programmers use documentation.
From: dany (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 17:44:17 EEST

Le Lundi 27 Août 2001 20:59, vous avez écrit :
> > >16. Non-programmers that I talked to have never sent a bug report or a
> > >feature request to a software company. The idea of sending one directly
> > to >a programmer or a technical writer was a completely foreign concept.

errh errh in my case (I can't use effects in grecord, it core-dumps) I don't
want people to say "hey your machine is a mess" "oh oh you don't know how to
install this ot that!". I'm kidding a little, but not too much.
I believe the new filetree-standard under linux will help a lot: if I know my
distro is compliant, if I know the prog I try to install is compliant, then I
can say there's a bug or not. Elsewhere I'm in doubt. Shall I say I'm a bit
scared applying the low-latency patches? I've tried but got some errors
during compilation. So I gave up.