Re: [linux-audio-dev] ecamegapedal catches up

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ecamegapedal catches up
From: Taybin Rutkin (trutkin_AT_physics.clarku.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 02:48:16 EET

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> This shouldn't be a problem. Ecasound's preset files are not just presets,
> but actually descriptions of whole plugin networks (multi-operator,
> multi-chain w/ controllers). So they aren't very useful to other apps
> (without linking to or duplicating libecasound).

Actually, I think that this is where the preset files will evolve to.
Kinda. This was what I started out to do within Ardour, but I slacked off
just short of full network preset support.

> Are there other competing formats or is Ardour's preset format the one to
> use? How about other LADSPA hosts; snd, GLAME, gdam, etc - do you support
> LADSPA-presets?

I'll write up a formal sample of the format on Monday and send that; the
end result of the discussion we had back in August.

Taybin