Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: A sound effect made by me

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: A sound effect made by me
From: Kasper Souren (kasper_AT_industree.org)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 07:40:28 EET

> I bet this thing would be dead easy to make into a
> plugin... (but I dont know anything about LADSPA right now...:)
> In case others who dont have borland and windows want to
> try this, attached is a patch so that g++ will built it, and you can
> use the program as a simple filter to test the effect:
>
> # patch < g++-aw.diff
> # g++ alienwah.cpp -o awah
> # sox test.wav -t raw -s -r 44100 -w -c 1 - | awah | play -t raw -s -r
44100 -w -c1 -

I tried to apply the patch, but it doesn't work, it says:
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file alienwah.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 52.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 66.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 95.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 106.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 136.
5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file alienwah.cpp.rej

What I want btw, is to experiment with a crazy sound-processing idea,
(still in the process of being) invented by Clarence Barlow. It's called
ISIS, Intra Sample Intrapolation of Sinewaves. The idea is that you
calculate a frequency and amplitude for every sample, and that you
can restore the sound with that information. Of course you can do
all kinds of processes with the sine information before ISISynthesizing.

The problem is that Clarence is still using his Atari for programming,
so we didn't hear a lot of sound examples yet :)

greetz,
Kasper