Re: [linux-audio-dev] GSMP v0.0.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] GSMP v0.0.2
From: Rene Rebe (rene.rebe_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 13:36:08 EET

Hi all.

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:17:51 +0100 (CET)
CK <x_AT_meta.lo-res.org> wrote:

> ooops ...
>
> sorry, return key stuck, honestly ...
>
> <testmode>
>
> I read:
> > ALSA's OSS emu here ...). What situation do you need to causse this?
>
> native OSS, ess maestro 2e
>
> > (a files loaded (or not), a selecion (or none), ...)
>
> no file loaded -> start IO:
> gsmp gets that puts ut some
> buffer too small msg to the console
>
> file loaded, no selection -> start IO:
> NO DATA -> has to be killed by ^C

NO DATA is a message from the Mixer when it's queue is empty ... :-(

You should really pipe the (many) debug messages into a file or
/dev/null. What kind of machine (processor, ram) do you have there?

I tested native (no ALSA emu) a few minutes ago on my Laptop
(Celeron 600, SiS630 -> slow ...) and it is capable to play
a file over OSS incl, the debug-messages scrolling in a gnome-terminal
and compiling a newer version of GSMP ...

Could you send me cut'n pasted debug messages or a whole file
of it??

> file loaded, with selection -> start IO:
> like above, if stop at end is checked
> if not plays the selection, stops when I check it
> if I select loop & stop at end loops from the current
> start no matter what the selection is ...
>

> hmmm...
>
> </testmode>
>
> regards,

> p.s.: I looked into the IO stuff, but then I thought oh my god cpp ;)

Hey! C++ is really cleaner to programm with. Take a look into The GIMP or
the (worsts example) glibc :-( ...

> --
> chris_AT_lo-res.org Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
> http://pilot.fm/ special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)

k33p h4ck1n6
  René

--
René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #127875 <http://counter.li.org>)

eMail: rene.rebe_AT_gmx.net rene_AT_rocklinux.org

Homepage: http://www.tfh-berlin.de/~s712059/index.html

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.