Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 16:52:15 EET

Gack!

What I described was not the best idea. Rather than:

>and then in the LADSPA plugin descriptor add:
>
> char *gui;
> LADSPA_GUI_TYPE gui_type;

we should do the same as for ladspa_version():

    char *ladspa_gui ();
    LADSPA_GUI_TYPE ladspa_gui_type();

all the same rules apply to the return value of ladspa_gui() as I
described before - it may be NULL, it may be ignored, etc. and both
functions may be missing from the plugin.

this avoids breaking the LADSPA_Descriptor structure.

--p