Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 14:08:20 EET

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 10:28:01 +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:
> > An ontology in other words. Good idea BTW.
>
> I even want you to consider a more generic approach for exposing extra
> information. Add a (string) key/value array to the descriptor where you
> can store such information (and be happy with the generic interface in
> int nr_extras;
> struct { char *key; char *value; } *extras;

Actually that isn't quite general enough for what I was suggesting, you
need:

    int nr_extras;
    struct { char *subject; char *predicate; char *object; } *extras;

Because you aren't neccesarily asserting things about the plugin, you
might be asserting about the categories.

For example you could say that "this plugin" is a type of "state variable
filter" and "state variable filter" is a subclass of "filter". If "filter"
was a predefined category, but "state variable filter" wasn't.

But anyway, my feeling is that this stuff is best stored outside the
plugins data.

- Steve